Thursday 2 September 2010

Build complete! Or is it?

Monday 30th August was a Bank Holiday here in the UK and I was determined to finish the build and start printing during the long weekend! Little did I know that the Reprap had other plans. As soon as I connected the 12 volt power supply, the extruder controller went "puff!!!" The motor controller chip on the extruder board went up in smoke. Apparently a loose strand of wire got trapped under the extruder board motor connector and shorted the chip. 

I had no choice but to order another extruder board from TechZone but since I'm running out of time (need to start revising for next semester) the shipping cost were exorbitantly high.... more than double the cost of the board!! Ouch!.

Today the board arrived and I had to pay an additional £17 in Duty! Never mind... Tonight I'll try to find some time to replace the board and get printing... Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment