Tuesday 21 September 2010

Success at Last!!

Call it third time lucky, call it coincidence.... IT WORKED!!. My printer is alive and kicking and working a treat.

The replacement extruder board arrived as promised by TechZone, I just flashed the firmware, hooked it up and powered the device up. I firstly made sure the print bed was at the right temperature (around 110C) then hit the print button and there it goes.

Actually I just realised that it's too late in the day to start printing as this print will take a solid 7 hours. I need to be at work by they but before that I need to catch a wink of sleep.

Printing second layer                                                                         
Its now at the 8th layer and everything seems to be going well, however I have to stop the printing and go to bed as tomorrow I need to be at the office early.

Since the print bed is being kept at a constant high temperature I don't trust leaving the printer working on its own. Don't want to burn the house down with me in it.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! Well done, looks great !

    I have just ordered parts for a heated bed, so should be warp-free next week (I hope).

    ReplyDelete